On Thursday, February 06, 2014, House Resolution 4007 was introduced by Congressman Patrick Meehan (R-PA), to recodify and reauthorize the CFATS program. The following classes of facilities would retain their exemptions from CFATS provisions under the definition of “covered chemical facility”:
- Facilities subject to MTSA;
- Public water systems, as defined by the Safe Drinking Water Act;
- Water treatment works, as defined by the Federal Water Pollution Control Act;
- Any facility owned or operated by DoD or DoE;
- Any facility regulated by the NRC.